26 settembre 2023

Blur: St. Charles Square


 I fucked up

I'm not the first to do itMust forgo now, your smileOff the wall, beigeI'm fixtures and fittings nowCall me out, but call me
'Cause there's something down hereAnd it's living under the floorboards (ah!)It's grabbed me 'round the neck with its long and slender clawOoh, don't leave me here, baby, don't leave me completely'Cause I might not get back to myself at all
St. Charles SquareThis year's migrationBasement flat with window barsPauli's outsideSpare me the gloaters and the painI don't want it anymore
'Cause there's something down hereAnd it's living under the floorboards (ah!)It's up and down the clock of the town hall back in timeOh, I'll ride with you, baby, I'll ride with you foreverBut we might not get back to ourselves at all, no
Tesco discoThe room is shrinking fast around meIt grabbed me by the ankle and pulled me underLoneliness, I've been here before'Cause every generation has its gilded posers
Weird vibrations in the basementI don't like this scenePauli's ghost come back to haunt meThink I'm gonna-

Nessun commento: